Alexander the Great Quotes
These Quotes From Alexander the Great will inspire you to achieve your goals.
Quotes Of Alexander The Great III of Macedon, also known as Alexander the Great is a famous Macedonian king.
These inspiring quotes reflect his love for philosophy, power, and knowledge.
The legendary leader built one of the largest empires in the ancient world, stretching from Greece to North Africa and India to Asia.
These Alexander the Great quotes can inspire and motivate you to achieve your goals.
Alexander the Great is a legendary military commander who has never been defeated throughout history.
These wise words and insightful insights will help you to achieve your goals.
Believe in yourself, and then put your plans into practice. You can achieve your wildest dreams.
This collection of Alexander the Great quotes will inspire you to overcome your fears and live life to the fullest.
You might also like these Joan of Arc quotes on leadership, faith, and strong women.
For daily inspiration, check out our favorite quote article.
You can find more educational and inspirational quotes on our Inspirational Quotes page.
Alexander the Great quotes to inspire you to believe in your full potential
Table of Contents
1. “There is nothing impossible for him who will attempt.” – Alexander, the Great
2. “I don’t fear an army led by sheep by lions; I fear an army led by lions.” – Alexander The Great
3. “Remember that the fate of all depends upon how each conducts themselves.” – Alexander, the Great
4. “Whatever possessions we acquire by our sword are not certain or lasting, but the love that is gained through kindness and moderation is sure and durable.” – Alexander The Great
5. “Throughout every generation of human history there has been a constant war. It was a war with fear. “Those who can conquer it are freed, and those who are defeated by it are made to suffer till they have the courage or die.” – Alexander The Great
6. “I am indebted not only to my father for my living but also to my teacher for my well-being.” – Alexander The Great
7. “I would rather excel in the knowledge of the excellent than in my dominion and power.” – Alexander, the Great
8. “You will, I doubt not, find a route to the top of your diligent search for it; for nature has placed nothing so high as is beyond the reach of industry or valor.” – Alexander The Great
9. “For my part, I would prefer to excel knowledge of high secrets of philosophy than in armies.” – Alexander The Great
10. “I would prefer to live a short life full of glory than one filled with obscurity.” – Alexander, the Great
Alexander the Great quotes will encourage you to pursue your dreams.
11. “Let’s conduct ourselves so all men want to be our friends, and all people fear to become our enemies.” – Alexander The Great
12. “Every light is not a sun” – Alexander, the Great
13. “It is noble to hear myself being ill-treated when I am doing well.” – Alexander, the Great
Similar Brotherhood Quotes to Remind you of the Beauty and Strength of Friendship and Family
14. “With the right attitude self-imposed limitations disappear.” – Alexander, the Great
15. “As far as a limit on one’s labors I, for one do not recognize any for high-minded men except that the labors should lead to noble accomplishments.” Alexander, the Great
16. “I don’t steal the victory.” – Alexander, the Great
17. “In the end when it’s done, all that matters is your actions.” – Alexander, the Great
18. “How can a man groom his horse or furbish his spear and helmet? If he is not used to tending to his personal belongings?” – Alexander, the Great
19. “A tomb now suffices him, for whom the entire world was not enough.” – Alexander The Great
20. “Who doesn’t want such a victory, by which we will join places in our Kingdom so far divided by Nature and for which we will set up trophies on another conquered planet?” – Alexander, the Great
These Fyodor Dostoyevsky quotes will encourage you to pursue your dreams
Alexander the Great quotes to inspire you to achieve your goals
21. “Now that wars are over, I wish for peace and prosperity. All mortals should live as one people, in harmony, and for mutual progress. The world is your country. There are laws that all people can follow and the best government, regardless of tribal affiliation. I don’t distinguish between men as the narrow-minded do.
This applies to both Greeks and Barbarians. I don’t care about the ancestry of citizens or their racial origins. They are classified according to their virtue. Every virtuous foreigner I know is a Greek, and every bad Greek is worse than a Barbarian. You should not resort to violence if there are differences between you. Instead, try to resolve them peacefully. “I should be your arbitrator if necessary.” – Alexander, the Great
22. “When we give time to someone, we are actually giving a part of our lives that we will never get back.” – Alexander The Great
23. “Now that you fear punishment, beg for your lives, I will let your freedom, if for no other reason, so you can see the differences between a Greek King and a barbarian Tyrant, so don’t expect any harm from me. “A king doesn’t kill messengers.” Alexander The Great
24. “My treasure is in my friends.” – Alexander, the Great
25. “Holy shadows, the dead, you are not to blame for your bitter and cruel fate. It is the accursed rivalry that brought brother nations and peoples to war with one another. This victory is not one that I am happy about. I am not happy about this victory of mine.
26. “Each moment without fear makes a man immortal.” – Alexander, the Great
27. “Sex and sleeping alone make me aware that I am mortal.” – Alexander, the Great
28. “As a newborn baby cannot be fed without the nurse’s milk nor supervised to the approaches that promote growth in life, so can a city thrive without its fields and the fruits thereof.” – Alexander The Great
Here are some other goodbye quotes for those who love a beautiful farewell
29. “If I weren’t Alexander, I would wish to be Diogenes.” Alexander The Great
30. “In faith, hope, and charity the world will disagree.” – Alexander The Great
Alexander the Great quotes to help conquer your fears
31. “Heaven can’t brook two suns, and earth cannot have two masters.” – Alexander The Great
32. “I send you mustard seeds that you can taste the bitterness of our victory.” – Alexander The Great
33. “I want to cover the road with my treasure so that everyone sees that the material wealth acquired on Earth, stays on Earth.” – Alexander The Great
34. “How much happier would it have been for me if I had been killed in battle? It was far nobler to be the victim of the enemy rather than to suffer the rage of my friends.” Alexander The Great
35. “On their side, more men are standing, and on ours, more will fight!” Alexander The Great
36. “Are You Still to Learn That the End and Perfect of Our Victories is to Avoid the Vices and Infirmities of Those Whom We Subdue?” – Alexander The Great
37. “O lucky youth, to have discovered Homer the herald de your glory!” – Alexander The Great
38. My father will see to it that everything is possible. He will anticipate everything.
39. “I see a great funeral competition over me,” – Alexander, the Great
40. “Our enemies are Medes, Persians, men who have lived soft and lavish lives for centuries; we of Macedon have been trained in danger and war for generations.” – Alexander The Great
Alexander the Great quotes to encourage you
41. “How great the dangers I face in order to win a good reputation in Athens.” – Alexander, the Great
42. “I am dying due to the treatment by too many doctors.” – Alexander, the Great
43. “I want the greatest doctors to carry my coffin in order to show that even the best doctors can’t heal in the face of death.” – Alexander The Great
44. “To the strongest!” – Alexander, the Great
45. “The goal and object of conquest are to avoid doing the exact same thing as conquered.” – Alexander The Great
46. “Without Knowledge Skill is not possible to be focused. “Without Skill, Strength is not possible to be applied and without Strength, Knowledge cannot be applied.” – Alexander, the Great
47. “Toil and risk are part of the price for glory, but it’s a beautiful thing to live with courage and leave an everlasting legacy.” – Alexander The Great
48. “Bury my body, but don’t build any monument.” Keep my hands open so that the people will know that the one who won all the world was without a hand.” – Alexander The Great
49. “True love does not have a happy ending because true love has no end.” – Alexander, the Great
50. “Glory crowns those who expose themselves for toils and dangers.” – Alexander, the Great
Lou Holtz Quotes on Football and Life
51. “Leave my hands outside while my casket is being taken to the grave. I was born empty-handed and I will leave this world empty-handed. “My whole life has been a waste of time, a futile exercise. No one can take anything with them at the end.” – Alexander, Great
52. Steven Pressfield: “A horse must seem a little crazy to be a good cavalry horse, and its rider must act as such.”
53. “Soldiers! I would have liked to have been taken away by you by the effort of a few desperate people, but by grace and providence, I am still preserved.” Alexander, the Great
Thoughts Provoking Alexander The Great Quotes
54. “May God protect you from the venom and teeth of the tigers, and the revenge of Afghans.” — Alexander The Great
55. “There are no more planets to conquer!” — Alexander, the Great
56. “God must have loved Afghans because he made them so beautiful.” — Alexander The Great
57. “A tomb now suffices the man for whom the world was insufficient.” — Alexander, Great
58. “My logisticians have a dull disposition… they know that if my campaign fails they will be the first to die.” — Alexander, the Great
59. “When you bury me, don’t create any momentum and keep your hands outside so the world knows that someone who won the entire world had nothing in him while he died.” — Alexander The Great
60. “I am dying because of the help of too many doctors.” — Alexander, the Great
61. “I don’t fear an army led by sheep by lions; I am afraid of an Army of Lions led by sheep by lions!” — Alexander The Great
62. “I don’t consider what Parmenio should get, but what Alexander should give.” — Alexander The Great
63. “Does it not seem a matter worthy to be lamented that there is so many of them [worlds]], yet we have not conquered one?” — Alexander, the Great
Which one of these Alexander the Great quotes inspires you the most
Alexander the Great’s incredible speeches and quotes continue to live on as his legacy.
These words of wisdom are great for anyone looking for inspiration, advice, or motivation.
Alexander III, as a commander and leader, understood the sacrifices required for success.
You must work hard and believe in yourself if you are going to reach your goals.
Victory is the ultimate reward to those who put in the work.
These Alexander the Great quotes show that anyone can achieve anything if they don’t give up.
Your potential is limited if you have doubts about your capabilities or self-worth.
These quotes are a reminder to never stop pursuing your dreams.
These motivational words can be shared with anyone who needs a boost of inspiration.
What are your favorite Alexander the Great quotes?
Please let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.